Monday, November 1, 2010

Upcoming Metals Events at MAC

Hi Everyone! It's been a while since anyone posted here, so I thought I would get things started again. Since I am no longer at my full-time arts administration job, I have the opportunity to be back in the classroom and I am THRILLED! I'm so honored to be able to teach such a great group of students. We have three FULL beginning metals classes this term, as well as good enrollment in our other classes. The metals studio is buzzing!

A few more things:
There is still room in the Tool Repair and Maintenance workshop on December 11. In this one-day workshop, you will learn to maintain and repair your tools, including flex shaft care, cleaning files, restoring tweezers, refinishing and re-securing
hammer heads, and cleaning a torch. Work time will be dedicated to repairing damaged or broken tools you bring along. Read the full workshop description on page 21 of the MAC Fall Schedule here, and then click here or call 503-823-ARTS (2787) to register.


The Winter 2011 schedule will be out soon as well, and I will be sure to post a link here when it's published.

This Friday, November 5, is Multnomah Arts Center's Annual Open House! Enjoy performances, art demonstrations and hands-on art activities for all ages. Our very own Laurie Hall will be demonstrating metals techniques in the metals studio from 5:00-7:00PM. Events take place throughout the center from 5-8:30PM and all are free and open to the public (click here for a full schedule). Please stop by and bring your friends!

Cheers,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment